CORTLANDT, N.Y. – The streaking Cortlandt Little League 10-Under girls softball travel team swept past Brewster Monday and Tuesday to take the District 33 Williamsport championship by scores of 12-2 and 18-8.
The Cortlandt girls, who won the district title in only their second year of competitive play, advanced to sectional play where they will meet a team from Rockland County the week of July 9.
Gianna Servedio pitched a complete four-inning game for the win in the 12-2 victory on Monday as the locals earned the early victory by virtue of the 10-run rule that ends a little league game when the winning team is ahead by 10 runs after four complete innings.
Katherine Reynoso and Candace Crowley combined for the four-inning win in Tuesday's 18-8 championship clinching game, which was also a 10-run rout.
The Cortlandt 10-Under girls are coached by Giac Servedio, John Barbelet and Pedro Reynoso and include Jillian Attinelly, Thea Barbelet, Candace Crowley, Tara Doyle, Isabella Feraca, Courtney Gallagher, Taryn Hodge, Samantha Mills, Katherine Reynoso, Gianna Servedio, Tara Straub, Lauren Turner, Raenn Valt, Brianna Viola and Caitlyn Weimer.
- 1 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48