VALHALLA, N.Y. – The Cortlandt Crushers softball team defeated Kensico 12-6 Thursday to win the Westchester Baseball Association 10-Under championship at Pat Henry Field.
The Cortlandt girls, who had a loss and a tie against their Kensico rivals during the regular season, used a potent offense and strong defense to earn the win. The Crushers averaged 10 runs while allowing five runs per game in their second season as a traveling team.
"All the girls showed a lot of improvement this summer," team spokesperson Tracey Straub said. "Several pitchers were developed, defense intelligence gained, and of course they hit the ball very well."
The Crushers, who were managed by Jack Servedio and coached by Pedro Reynoso and John Barbelet, completed the season with a record of 11-3-1 and also won the local District 33 Williamsport Championship in July.
The Crushers players are Katherine Reynoso, Samantha Mills, Taryn Hodge, Candace Crowley, RaeAnn Valt, Gianna Servedio, Brianna Viola, Thea Barbelet, Isabella Feraca, Caitlan Weimar, Tara Straub, Tarah Doyle, Jillian Attinelly, Courtney Gallagher and Lauren Turner.
- 1 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 2 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend