CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – The Cortlandt American Little League 10-under team defeated Putnam Valley, 13-9, on Tuesday and advanced to the District 33 Little League championship game.
The two teams met in the final game of the losers bracket of the tournament.
Cortlandt American will face Briarcliff on Thursday at 6 p.m. at Dobbs Park in Croton. Cortlandt American needs to beat Briarcliff twice to win the championship since the latter has not yet lost in the double-elimination tournament.
Diego Urreta, Zachary Selinger and Luke Tomaszewsky combined to go 10 for 10 for Cortlandt American, and Derek Pisani scored four runs. Joseph Mendillo did not allow a run through three innings to help Cortlandt American amass a 13-2 lead.
Information from Tracey Straub was used in this article.
- 1 Lawrence Taylor Signing Autographs At Croton Restaurant
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Cortlandt
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Family Of Peekskill Man Killed In Tracy Morgan Crash Settles