LONDON, N.Y. ‒ Armonk native Reed Kessler and her teammates on the U.S. equestrian team placed sixth overall Monday in team show jumping at the London Olymics.
"It was a huge final course, and Reed and Cylana had 12 faults," Kessler's father, Murray Kessler, said in a Facebook message Monday afternoon. "It was an honor for her to ride for the USA."
Britain won the gold medal in show jumping, defeating the Netherlands in a jumpoff. It was Britain's first gold medal in the event in 60 years. The Netherlands took silver and Saudi Arabia bronze.
Kessler, at 18 the youngest show jumping rider in Olympic history, failed to make the individual show jumping final, which will be held Wednesday.
From a report by Murray Kessler.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Police Chase, Apprehend Robber At Cortlandt Town Center