LONDON, N.Y. ‒ Armonk native Reed Kessler and her teammates on the U.S. equestrian team placed sixth overall Monday in team show jumping at the London Olymics.
"It was a huge final course, and Reed and Cylana had 12 faults," Kessler's father, Murray Kessler, said in a Facebook message Monday afternoon. "It was an honor for her to ride for the USA."
Britain won the gold medal in show jumping, defeating the Netherlands in a jumpoff. It was Britain's first gold medal in the event in 60 years. The Netherlands took silver and Saudi Arabia bronze.
Kessler, at 18 the youngest show jumping rider in Olympic history, failed to make the individual show jumping final, which will be held Wednesday.
From a report by Murray Kessler.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N