SHRUB OAK, N.Y.— Mercy College will be the host of the regional DestinationImagiNation tournament Saturday and plenty of Lakeland students will be in attendance to represent their district.
Seven teams from the Lakeland District will compete in the Eastern Regional Tournament in Dobbs Ferry.
Two teams are from Lincoln-Titus Elementary School, another two are from Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, two from Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School and one from Walter Panas High School.
There will be more than 50 teams competing at this year’s regional competition.
According to its website, DestinationImagiNation is the world’s largest nonprofit and volunteer-driven organization with aims to help kids to “gain practical life skills through interesting, entertaining and mind-boggling challenges.” Teams begin organizing in August and September, then compete in local, regional and state tournaments, narrowing the field to about 15 teams from each state or international affiliate. The teams then compete in the Global Finals in May.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 3 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 Peekskill Man Stopped For Speeding Charged With DWI Under Leandra's Law
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes