SHRUB OAK, N.Y.— Mercy College will be the host of the regional DestinationImagiNation tournament Saturday and plenty of Lakeland students will be in attendance to represent their district.
Seven teams from the Lakeland District will compete in the Eastern Regional Tournament in Dobbs Ferry.
Two teams are from Lincoln-Titus Elementary School, another two are from Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, two from Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School and one from Walter Panas High School.
There will be more than 50 teams competing at this year’s regional competition.
According to its website, DestinationImagiNation is the world’s largest nonprofit and volunteer-driven organization with aims to help kids to “gain practical life skills through interesting, entertaining and mind-boggling challenges.” Teams begin organizing in August and September, then compete in local, regional and state tournaments, narrowing the field to about 15 teams from each state or international affiliate. The teams then compete in the Global Finals in May.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says