MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – Students at Van Cortlandtville Elementary School enjoyed the fruits – and vegetables – of their labor recently during the school's annual harvesting of its Edible Educational Garden.
Students planted the crops in the spring, which included onions, peppers, carrots, beans, potatoes and tomatoes. They also planted sunflowers and a variety of other flowers and herbs.
The garden was created through a combination of school and community groups working together, said James VanDevelde, communications director for the Lakeland Central School District. PTA volunteers were on hand to assist in the harvest.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Cortlandt On Wednesday
- 2 Hen Hud Schools Will Be Closed, Croton Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 3 Taconic State Parkway Reopens After Closure In Dutchess
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Cortlandt Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday