MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – Students at Van Cortlandtville Elementary School enjoyed the fruits – and vegetables – of their labor recently during the school's annual harvesting of its Edible Educational Garden.
Students planted the crops in the spring, which included onions, peppers, carrots, beans, potatoes and tomatoes. They also planted sunflowers and a variety of other flowers and herbs.
The garden was created through a combination of school and community groups working together, said James VanDevelde, communications director for the Lakeland Central School District. PTA volunteers were on hand to assist in the harvest.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home