MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – Students at Van Cortlandtville Elementary School enjoyed the fruits – and vegetables – of their labor recently during the school's annual harvesting of its Edible Educational Garden.
Students planted the crops in the spring, which included onions, peppers, carrots, beans, potatoes and tomatoes. They also planted sunflowers and a variety of other flowers and herbs.
The garden was created through a combination of school and community groups working together, said James VanDevelde, communications director for the Lakeland Central School District. PTA volunteers were on hand to assist in the harvest.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Hen Hud Cheerleaders Take First Place At County Center Invitational
- 3 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining