MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. – Students at Van Cortlandtville Elementary School enjoyed the fruits – and vegetables – of their labor recently during the school's annual harvesting of its Edible Educational Garden.
Students planted the crops in the spring, which included onions, peppers, carrots, beans, potatoes and tomatoes. They also planted sunflowers and a variety of other flowers and herbs.
The garden was created through a combination of school and community groups working together, said James VanDevelde, communications director for the Lakeland Central School District. PTA volunteers were on hand to assist in the harvest.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York