YORKTOWN, N.Y. - All schools in the Lakeland Central School District will remain closed Friday due to continued power outages from Hurricane Sandy.
The Board of Education meeting scheduled for Thursday at 7:30 p.m. has also been canceled, said James VanDevelde, the district's media manager.
Lakeland has now used up five of its six budgeted "snow days," VanDevelde said. Missing two more days of school would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state-requirement, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- May 24 (Superintendent's Conference Day)
- March 25 (Spring Recess)
- March 26 (Spring Recess)
- March 27 (Spring Recess)
- March 22 (Superintendent's Conference Day)
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation