YORKTOWN, N.Y. - All schools in the Lakeland Central School District will remain closed Friday due to continued power outages from Hurricane Sandy.
The Board of Education meeting scheduled for Thursday at 7:30 p.m. has also been canceled, said James VanDevelde, the district's media manager.
Lakeland has now used up five of its six budgeted "snow days," VanDevelde said. Missing two more days of school would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state-requirement, and "make-up" days have been scheduled in this order:
- May 24 (Superintendent's Conference Day)
- March 25 (Spring Recess)
- March 26 (Spring Recess)
- March 27 (Spring Recess)
- March 22 (Superintendent's Conference Day)
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Cortlandt
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show