SHRUB OAK, N.Y. - Lakeland High School Principal Lorrie Yurish had the interim tag dropped from her title Thursday night following the unanimous approval of the Lakeland Central School District Board of Education.
Yurish was named interim principal at Lakeland High School in June and began her tenure July 1. Yurish had previously been an assistant principal at the school since the 2007-2008 school year. She also served the district as an elementary school assistant principal and as the district's director of grants and testing.
Yurish began her career in Lakeland as a teacher aide before becoming a third grade teacher at Lincoln-Titus Elementary School in 1995. She also taught fifth grade at Lincoln-Titus.
Yurish graduated from SUNY-Cortland with a bachelor's degree in early secondary education and earned her master's degree in curriculum at Western Connecticut University.
The first-year principal replaced Cheryl Champ, who took a position as assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction in the Sewanhaka Central High School District on Long Island.
- 1 Croton Fire Department Battles Large Brush Fire At Croton Point Park
- 2 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Former Hen Hud Players Help Nazareth Win Conference Title