YORKTOWN, N.Y. – The Lakeland Board of Education will enter the 2012-13 school year with familiar faces leading the way.
Last week, the board unanimously re-elected Elizabeth Kogler as president and Carol Ann Dobson as vice president.
Kogler, a resident of Crompond whose current board term ends in 2013, works in the nonprofit sector with children and has two sons who attend Lakeland schools. Prior to joining the board, she was PTA president, a member of the elementary site-based team and co-president of the District Parents Council.
Dobson, a resident of Cortlandt who was elected to her fourth three-year term on the board in May, has served in many capacities in the district since 1994, when she was PTA president for five years. She also was co-president of the District Parents Council and a member of the site-based team at the elementary and middle school level.
Dobson, Brian Hugick and James Carroll Jr. were sworn in last week for their new terms.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Cortlandt
- 4 Daniel Thomas Cotter, 59, Of Croton-On-Hudson
- 5 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury