MONTROSE, N.Y. – Hendrick Hudson High School's 2012 graduating class celebrated its achievement at SUNY Purchase College Sunday afternoon, to an audience of friends and family.
"Many of you have endured adversity and emerged from those times stronger and a better person. When things get a little difficult, think back to your success here and to your friends who overcame adversity," said Superintendent Daniel McCann, giving some advice to the new graduates.
The graduation represents McCann's last in the district, he is set to retire in June after announcing an early retirement in March.
"Congratulations, Hendrick Hudson seniors. We're walking forward today, empowered by every little thing that any person has done to disturb our universe. I am proud to say that I'm walking forward into that unknown universe with all of you," said graduating class valedictorian Cassandra Rogers to a class of 221.
Diplomas were presented by McCann and Hendrick Hudson School Board President Marion Walsh.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School