CORTLANDT, N.Y. - The Hendrick Hudson PTA presented a check totaling $22,800 to the Board of Education last week. The funds will be divided evenly for curtains in the high school auditorium, the Project Lead the Way engineering program and sports.
"We're very proud and excited to present this check," said PTA member Maggie Pinque. "We're looking forward to doing it again next year. The more we make, the more we can give."
The Board of Education accepted several other donations from various organizations during its meeting in the high school library. The Frank G. Lindsey PTA made a donation of $3,888.82 to supplement the cost of cultural enrichment programs and $80 for Transportation Personnel Appreciation Week.
The Blue Mountain Middle School PTA made a donation of $2,500 for technology purchases and $1,060.50 for tickets to the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum.
Also making a pair of donations was the Hendrick Hudson Community Education Foundation. One contribution totaled $1,200.60 for science newsletters and an after school speed program for the Athletic Department. The other totaled $300 for t-shirts for the Elementary Science Fair.
The board also accepted an anonymous donation of $275 to the Barbara Katzenstein Scholarship Fund and $5,175 for the Hendrick Hudson High School Class of 2012.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Worker At Cortlandt Pub Faces Underage Drinking Charge
- 3 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired