WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Hollywood’s reigning king of couch-jumping is on the move. The word on the multimultimillion-dollar real estate street is that the soon-to-be-divorced Tom Cruise is looking for a private getaway where daughter Suri can play in peace, beyond the prying lenses of the paparazzi.
The Daily News reported Friday that the megastar has enlisted the help of real estate agents in Westchester County and Fairfield County, Conn.
With money not likely to be an issue, and with plenty of vacant estates on the market, speculating as to where the action-adventure dad and his fashionista daughter will land is irresistible.
Will they take over the former Mel Gibson estate in Greenwich, Conn., where daddy can teach Suri to play chess on a life-size chessboard?
Or will he opt for the tony waterfront elegance of this $26 million Darien, Conn., gem, where Suri could park her own boat?
Bedford has plenty of available estates for $13 million and up, including this wooded compound priced at an even $30 million.
One thing is for sure: Subtlety has never been Mr. Cruise’s forte, so there is sure to be more news on his impending move to suburbia coming soon.
- 1 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 2 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 3 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 4 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts