WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Westchester County legislators announced the dates for three public hearings on the 2013 county budget.
County Executive Rob Astorino released his budget proposal Wednesday, which does not raise the tax levy or use county reserves. It would cut 189 jobs, including 126 layoffs, and it would bond $13 million of tax certioraris and borrow to pay $35 million of the $91 million in county employee pension costs for 2013.
The public hearings each begin at 7 p.m. and are open to the public, and they will streamed live on the county Board of Legislators website. They are as follows:
- Nov. 20 at Mamaroneck Village Hall, 169 Mount Pleasant Ave., Mamaroneck.
- Nov. 29 at the Vincent F. Nyberg General Meeting Room, Cortlandt Town Hall, 1 Heady St., Cortlandt.
- Dec. 5 at the Westchester County Center, 198 Central Ave., White Plains.
Legislators must finalize the 2013 budget by Dec. 27.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home