CORTLANDT, N.Y. – With nearly all the votes counted, Sean Patrick Maloney is the apparent winner in the new 18th Congressional District's five-way Democratic primary. He will face off against Nan Hayworth (R-Bedford) in November.
All districts in Putnam and Westchester counties have been counted, along with 124 of 127 districts in Orange County.
Here are the unofficial election results from all counties in the 18th congressional district:
Westchester County, all 68 districts reporting
- Richard Becker, 1,042 votes, 47 percent.
- Sean Patrick Maloney, 934 votes, 42 percent.
- Matthew Alexander, 199 votes, 9 percent.
- Duane Jackson, 34 votes, 2 percent.
- Thomas Wilson, 10 votes, less than 1 percent.
(Westchester's report rounds off the percentages and counts Wilson's votes as zero, which is why the percentages add up to more than 100.)
Orange County, 124 districts out of 127 districts reporting (98 percent)
- Sean Patrick Maloney, 3,469 votes
- Richard Becker, 2,332 votes
- Duane Jackson, 284 votes
- Thomas Wilson, 243
- Matthew Alexander, 139 votes
- Write-in, 49 votes
Putnam County, all 33 districts reporting
- Sean Patrick Maloney, 1,163 votes, 61.5 percent
- Richard Becker, 521 votes, 27.6 percent
- Matthew Alexander, 141 votes, 7.5 percent
- Duane Jackson, 38 votes, 2 percent
- Thomas Wilson, 11 votes, less than 1 percent
- Write-in, 16 votes, less than 1 percent
Dutchess County, all 92 districts reporting
- Sean Patrick Maloney, 1,532 votes, 37.6 percent
- Matthew Alexander, 1,273 votes, 31.2 percent
- Richard Becker, 880 votes, 21.6 percent
- Duane Jackson, 318 votes, 7.8 percent
- Thomas Wilson, 65 votes, 1.6 percent
- Write-in, 8 votes, less than 1 percent