CORTLANDT, N.Y. — The Cortlandt Town Board approved a new hiring policy Tuesday in anticipation of possibly lifting a four-year hiring freeze.
Under the new hiring policy, the Town Board "strongly prefers not to hire the immediate relatives of existing town employees so as to prevent the conflict wherein an employee may be in the same department or under the supervision of an immediate family member."
Immediate family member refers to spouses, children and siblings, according to town officials.
The town already has a policy that bars spouses, children and siblings from supervising each another.
The policy also lists preferential hiring. The rown prefers to hire, in this order, "the most highly qualified" employees, including experienced and educated workers, town residents, veterans with appropriate skills and, finally, residents of adjacent towns.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency