OSSINING, N.Y. – State Assemblywoman Sandy Galef is hosting five town meetings throughout the 95th District, which includes Ossining, Peekskill, Cortlandt and parts of Putnam.
"I am pleased to host these town meetings which give my constituents an opportunity to better understand what is happening in Albany as well as to voice any concerns that they may have," Galef said in a press release.
"This allows for an open discussion of issues and allows me to learn more directly from the people I represent."
The meetings will focus on government reform and the New York state budget.
Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions and make comments.
The meetings will be held on the following schedule:
- Saturday, Feb. 28, 10 a.m.-noon, Croton Free Library, 171 Cleveland Dr., Croton-on-Hudson.
- Saturday, Feb. 28, 1-3 p.m., The Field Library, Four Nelson Ave., Peekskill.
- Thursday, March 5, 7-9 p.m., Ossining Public Library, 53 Croton Ave., Ossining.
- Saturday, March 7, 10 a.m.-noon, Desmond Fish Library, 472 Route 403, Garrison.
- Saturday, March 7, 1-3 p.m., Kent Public Library, 17 Sybil's Crossing, Kent Lakes.
In the event of inclement weather, call Galef’s district office at 914-941-1111 or the local library to find out whether the meeting will still be held.
Residents are encouraged to attend any of the town hall meetings, even if they do not live in the community where it is being held.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.