YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown Heights man was arrested last week after allegedly choking a victim during a domestic dispute, according to New York State Police.
Francesco P. Marsala, 33, was charged with unlawful imprisonment, a felony, and criminal obstruction of breathing, a misdemeanor.
Troopers received a walk-in complaint at the Somers barracks from a victim reporting a physical domestic incident that occurred during the early morning hours of May 18.
A subsequent investigation by both state police and Bureau of Criminal Investigation members determined that Marsala physically restrained the victim and placed his hands on the victim’s neck, restricting the victim’s breathing, according to the release.
Marsala was arraigned before Somers Town Court and remanded to Westchester County Jail in lieu of $5,000. Marsala is due to reappear in court on Monday, June 2.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home