YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown Heights man was arrested last week after allegedly choking a victim during a domestic dispute, according to New York State Police.
Francesco P. Marsala, 33, was charged with unlawful imprisonment, a felony, and criminal obstruction of breathing, a misdemeanor.
Troopers received a walk-in complaint at the Somers barracks from a victim reporting a physical domestic incident that occurred during the early morning hours of May 18.
A subsequent investigation by both state police and Bureau of Criminal Investigation members determined that Marsala physically restrained the victim and placed his hands on the victim’s neck, restricting the victim’s breathing, according to the release.
Marsala was arraigned before Somers Town Court and remanded to Westchester County Jail in lieu of $5,000. Marsala is due to reappear in court on Monday, June 2.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend