CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Verplanck, N.Y. man was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs in Philipstown on Aug. 8, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Donald J. Dean, 59, of Verplanck, was pulled over on Aug. 8 after police officers received a call of an erratic vehicle traveling at an unsafe speed southbound on Route 9 in Philipstown.
Dean stated he had taken four prescription pills from a prescription medication bag found in the passenger seat of his car. He was arrested and charged with DWAI, a misdemeanor, after he failed a field sobriety test.
If found guilty, Dean could face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Cortlandt Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Storm System Departs Cortlandt, Snow Could Return Thursday