CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Verplanck, N.Y. man was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs in Philipstown on Aug. 8, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Donald J. Dean, 59, of Verplanck, was pulled over on Aug. 8 after police officers received a call of an erratic vehicle traveling at an unsafe speed southbound on Route 9 in Philipstown.
Dean stated he had taken four prescription pills from a prescription medication bag found in the passenger seat of his car. He was arrested and charged with DWAI, a misdemeanor, after he failed a field sobriety test.
If found guilty, Dean could face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash