CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Verplanck, N.Y. man was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs in Philipstown on Aug. 8, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Donald J. Dean, 59, of Verplanck, was pulled over on Aug. 8 after police officers received a call of an erratic vehicle traveling at an unsafe speed southbound on Route 9 in Philipstown.
Dean stated he had taken four prescription pills from a prescription medication bag found in the passenger seat of his car. He was arrested and charged with DWAI, a misdemeanor, after he failed a field sobriety test.
If found guilty, Dean could face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 5 Cortlandt Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night