CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Verplanck, N.Y. man was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs in Philipstown on Aug. 8, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Donald J. Dean, 59, of Verplanck, was pulled over on Aug. 8 after police officers received a call of an erratic vehicle traveling at an unsafe speed southbound on Route 9 in Philipstown.
Dean stated he had taken four prescription pills from a prescription medication bag found in the passenger seat of his car. He was arrested and charged with DWAI, a misdemeanor, after he failed a field sobriety test.
If found guilty, Dean could face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- 1 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Croton-On-Hudson 'Robber Baron' Home Hits The Market
- 4 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation