CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Verplanck, N.Y. man was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs in Philipstown on Aug. 8, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Donald J. Dean, 59, of Verplanck, was pulled over on Aug. 8 after police officers received a call of an erratic vehicle traveling at an unsafe speed southbound on Route 9 in Philipstown.
Dean stated he had taken four prescription pills from a prescription medication bag found in the passenger seat of his car. He was arrested and charged with DWAI, a misdemeanor, after he failed a field sobriety test.
If found guilty, Dean could face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School