CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A tractor-trailer overturned on Annsville Circle between the Route 9 northbound off-ramp and the Route 9 southbound on-ramp at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, New York State Police said. Police said the driver was taken to Hudson Valley Hospital Center with minor injuries and that no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
Police said the tractor-trailer was carrying incinerated waste ash and that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has been called to the scene to determine how it should be removed. State Police said none of the waste has entered the nearby river.
Traffic has been diverted about 100 feet and police said there is no significant traffic problem.
State Police said the truck is from the City Carting trucking company.
Police Sgt. Robert Young said speed could have contributed to the crash.
Continental Village Fire Department responded to the scene.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend