CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A tractor-trailer overturned on Annsville Circle between the Route 9 northbound off-ramp and the Route 9 southbound on-ramp at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, New York State Police said. Police said the driver was taken to Hudson Valley Hospital Center with minor injuries and that no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
Police said the tractor-trailer was carrying incinerated waste ash and that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has been called to the scene to determine how it should be removed. State Police said none of the waste has entered the nearby river.
Traffic has been diverted about 100 feet and police said there is no significant traffic problem.
State Police said the truck is from the City Carting trucking company.
Police Sgt. Robert Young said speed could have contributed to the crash.
Continental Village Fire Department responded to the scene.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 3 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School