CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Police and fire officials evacuated Cortlandt residents from the cul-de-sac on Sassi Drive to the end of Westminster Drive from their homes on Monday afternoon around 5:30 p.m.
As of 6 p.m., officials would not comment on why the area was evacuated.
Neighbors told The Cortlandt Daily Voice that police told them during evacuation that there was a poisonous gas leak.
New York State Police have set up a blue tent, which first responders are operating from.
First responders at the scene include Cortlandt-Peekskill Regional Paramedics, New York State Police, Montrose Fire Department, Westchester County Police, Cortlandt Disaster Rehab Unit and VA Hudson Valley Fire Department.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing