CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Police and fire officials evacuated Cortlandt residents from the cul-de-sac on Sassi Drive to the end of Westminster Drive from their homes on Monday afternoon around 5:30 p.m.
As of 6 p.m., officials would not comment on why the area was evacuated.
Neighbors told The Cortlandt Daily Voice that police told them during evacuation that there was a poisonous gas leak.
New York State Police have set up a blue tent, which first responders are operating from.
First responders at the scene include Cortlandt-Peekskill Regional Paramedics, New York State Police, Montrose Fire Department, Westchester County Police, Cortlandt Disaster Rehab Unit and VA Hudson Valley Fire Department.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Search Is On For Kayaker Who Went Missing In Hudson River
- 3 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Cortlandt
- 5 Erratic Driving Complaint Leads To Taconic State Parkway DWI Arrest