CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Police and fire officials evacuated Cortlandt residents from the cul-de-sac on Sassi Drive to the end of Westminster Drive from their homes on Monday afternoon around 5:30 p.m.
As of 6 p.m., officials would not comment on why the area was evacuated.
Neighbors told The Cortlandt Daily Voice that police told them during evacuation that there was a poisonous gas leak.
New York State Police have set up a blue tent, which first responders are operating from.
First responders at the scene include Cortlandt-Peekskill Regional Paramedics, New York State Police, Montrose Fire Department, Westchester County Police, Cortlandt Disaster Rehab Unit and VA Hudson Valley Fire Department.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Knife-Wielding Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents