CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks have charged an Ossining man who was allegedly traveling southbound in the northbound lanes on Route 9 near Montrose on Friday, Jan. 24 with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving, police officials said.
State Troopers were dispatched to the scene of an accident on Route 9 at approximately 7:38 p.m. on Friday. Upon arrival, they found William C. Stothers, 76, and his Honda CRV facing the wrong direction on Route 9, State Police said.
The driver of the second vehicle involved in the accident said that Stothers' car was coming at him head-on and he was unable to avoid a collision, according to State Police.
Troopers determined that Stothers was intoxicated and arrested him. He is scheduled to appear in Village of Croton Court on Wednesday, Feb. 12, police said.
- 1 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Cortlandt
- 4 Firefighters Battle Peekskill Blaze That Displaces 13
- 5 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion