CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks have charged an Ossining man who was allegedly traveling southbound in the northbound lanes on Route 9 near Montrose on Friday, Jan. 24 with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving, police officials said.
State Troopers were dispatched to the scene of an accident on Route 9 at approximately 7:38 p.m. on Friday. Upon arrival, they found William C. Stothers, 76, and his Honda CRV facing the wrong direction on Route 9, State Police said.
The driver of the second vehicle involved in the accident said that Stothers' car was coming at him head-on and he was unable to avoid a collision, according to State Police.
Troopers determined that Stothers was intoxicated and arrested him. He is scheduled to appear in Village of Croton Court on Wednesday, Feb. 12, police said.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Pornography Charges
- 3 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 4 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M