CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks have charged an Ossining man who was allegedly traveling southbound in the northbound lanes on Route 9 near Montrose on Friday, Jan. 24 with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving, police officials said.
State Troopers were dispatched to the scene of an accident on Route 9 at approximately 7:38 p.m. on Friday. Upon arrival, they found William C. Stothers, 76, and his Honda CRV facing the wrong direction on Route 9, State Police said.
The driver of the second vehicle involved in the accident said that Stothers' car was coming at him head-on and he was unable to avoid a collision, according to State Police.
Troopers determined that Stothers was intoxicated and arrested him. He is scheduled to appear in Village of Croton Court on Wednesday, Feb. 12, police said.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home