CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Cortlandt man was charged with felony second-degree burglary last week after a Montrose homeowner came home and allegedly discovered the man in his house, State Police said.
Police said that on Thursday, Aug. 30, at around 2:38 p.m., they responded to a call from the resident who told them he arrived home to find a burglary in progress. Units arrived within minutes and took the suspect, John South, into custody.
South was charged with one count of second-degree burglary, a felony, and was remanded to Westchester County Jail without bail.
Anyone with information on South is asked to contact Investigator John Shaughnessy of the Cortlandt BCI Barracks at 914-788-8044, ext. 120.
- 1 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Woman Charged With DWI After Accident In Cortlandt
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 Two Charged With Burglary At Cortlandt Elementary School