CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Cortlandt man was charged with felony second-degree burglary last week after a Montrose homeowner came home and allegedly discovered the man in his house, State Police said.
Police said that on Thursday, Aug. 30, at around 2:38 p.m., they responded to a call from the resident who told them he arrived home to find a burglary in progress. Units arrived within minutes and took the suspect, John South, into custody.
South was charged with one count of second-degree burglary, a felony, and was remanded to Westchester County Jail without bail.
Anyone with information on South is asked to contact Investigator John Shaughnessy of the Cortlandt BCI Barracks at 914-788-8044, ext. 120.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 2 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Snow Could Return To Cortlandt For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed