CORTLANDT, N.Y. – A Cortlandt man was charged with felony second-degree burglary last week after a Montrose homeowner came home and allegedly discovered the man in his house, State Police said.
Police said that on Thursday, Aug. 30, at around 2:38 p.m., they responded to a call from the resident who told them he arrived home to find a burglary in progress. Units arrived within minutes and took the suspect, John South, into custody.
South was charged with one count of second-degree burglary, a felony, and was remanded to Westchester County Jail without bail.
Anyone with information on South is asked to contact Investigator John Shaughnessy of the Cortlandt BCI Barracks at 914-788-8044, ext. 120.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Hen Hud Cheerleaders Take First Place At County Center Invitational
- 3 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining