PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill police arrested a Shrub Oak man on drug charges on Wednesday, Jan. 29, police officials said.
James Cowan, 42, was allegedly observed by an officer on narcotics detail completing a transaction. When Demarco drove away from the scene of the transaction, the officer followed his vehicle and pulled him over when he committed a traffic violation, Peekskill Police said.
Cowan's license was suspended for failure to pay fines from previous traffic summonses. He was allegedly found to be in possession of crack cocaine and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance as well as third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, according to police.
Cowan is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Feb. 10, Peekskill Police said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Knife-Wielding Man Threatens Good Samaritan In Cortlandt, Police Say