PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill police arrested a Shrub Oak man on drug charges on Wednesday, Jan. 29, police officials said.
James Cowan, 42, was allegedly observed by an officer on narcotics detail completing a transaction. When Demarco drove away from the scene of the transaction, the officer followed his vehicle and pulled him over when he committed a traffic violation, Peekskill Police said.
Cowan's license was suspended for failure to pay fines from previous traffic summonses. He was allegedly found to be in possession of crack cocaine and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance as well as third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, according to police.
Cowan is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Feb. 10, Peekskill Police said.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend