PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill police arrested a Shrub Oak man on drug charges on Wednesday, Jan. 29, police officials said.
James Cowan, 42, was allegedly observed by an officer on narcotics detail completing a transaction. When Demarco drove away from the scene of the transaction, the officer followed his vehicle and pulled him over when he committed a traffic violation, Peekskill Police said.
Cowan's license was suspended for failure to pay fines from previous traffic summonses. He was allegedly found to be in possession of crack cocaine and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance as well as third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, according to police.
Cowan is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Feb. 10, Peekskill Police said.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 2 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 3 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 4 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents