PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill police arrested a Shrub Oak man on drug charges on Wednesday, Jan. 29, police officials said.
James Cowan, 42, was allegedly observed by an officer on narcotics detail completing a transaction. When Demarco drove away from the scene of the transaction, the officer followed his vehicle and pulled him over when he committed a traffic violation, Peekskill Police said.
Cowan's license was suspended for failure to pay fines from previous traffic summonses. He was allegedly found to be in possession of crack cocaine and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance as well as third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, according to police.
Cowan is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Feb. 10, Peekskill Police said.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress