OSSINING, N.Y. -- Police and firefighters were busy Thursday afternoon securing a shaky church steeple at First Baptist Church on 1 Church Street.
Police closed off Church Street from Spring Street to South Highland Ave as firefighters responded to the scene.
According to the building department, the fire department was called in after debris was seen falling off the steeple. The building department said once the steeple is secured, a structural engineer will be called in to ensure everything is safe and is no longer a hazard.
Carina Salvador saw the steeple begin to shake.
"It was dangerous," Salvador said. "If it wasn't for the firefighters, it would've tipped over. It's not safe, it's an unfortunate situation. I hope they take care of it."
- 1 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 2 Cortlandt Man Charged With Felony DWI Because Of Previous Offense
- 3 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 4 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee