MONTROSE, N.Y. -- The New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation from the Cortlandt barracks charged a Montrose man with endangering the welfare of a child on Thursday, May 29, police officials said.
Troopers were dispatched to an area retail store on reports that a child was left unattended in a vehicle on Tuesday, May 27, state police said.
A subsequent investigation revealed that Ronald J. Stephens, 32, allegedly left the child in his vehicle while he went inside to purchase a video game, according to state police.
Stephens is scheduled to appear in Cortlandt Justice Court on Thursday, June 5, officials said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt