MONTROSE, N.Y. -- The New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation from the Cortlandt barracks charged a Montrose man with endangering the welfare of a child on Thursday, May 29, police officials said.
Troopers were dispatched to an area retail store on reports that a child was left unattended in a vehicle on Tuesday, May 27, state police said.
A subsequent investigation revealed that Ronald J. Stephens, 32, allegedly left the child in his vehicle while he went inside to purchase a video game, according to state police.
Stephens is scheduled to appear in Cortlandt Justice Court on Thursday, June 5, officials said.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home