MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. -- Police have charged a Mohegan Lake driver with second-degree vehicular manslaughter after allegedly causing a fatal accident on Saturday, May 10, according to LoHud.com.
Police say Richard M. Wright, 19, was driving south on Route 9 near the Putnam County line when he crossed a double yellow line and hit a car carrying Miguel Santos and his wife, Helen E. Santos, head on, LoHud.com said.
Miguel Santos was rushed to Westchester Medical Center with undisclosed injuries. Helen Santos did not survive, LoHud.com reported.
East Fishkill police say the accident is under investigation, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 4 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 Croton-On-Hudson 'Robber Baron' Home Hits The Market