CORTLANDT, N.Y. ‒ An employee of Lou's Corner Store is facing a misdemeanor charge for allegedly selling alcohol to a 17-year-old during an alcohol compliance check, New York State Police say.
Varsha Parkash, 47, of Brewster, was charged with unlawfully selling alcohol to a minor on Thursday, Sept. 20. She was issued an appearance ticket, and police say their investigation is continuing. Lou's Corner Store is at 100 Frederick St., Mohegan Lake.
In total, 13 stores were part of the alcohol compliance check conducted by State Police. No violations were issued at the following locations:
Cole's Market, 2147 Albany Post Road, Montrose
Post Road Deli, 2119 Old Albany Post Road, Montrose
Montrose Deli, 4 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose
Montrose Beer and Soda, 2039 Albany Post Road, Montrose
Oregon Shell, 1208 Oregon Road, Cortlandt Manor
123 Food Stop, 871 Albany Post Road, Cortlandt Manor
Rock Cut Deli, 735 Albany Post Road, Cortlandt Manor
DB Mart, 2191 Crompond Road, Cortlandt Manor
Crompond Deli, 2141 Crompond Road, Cortlandt Manor
Peekskill Wine and Liquor, 2008 Crompond Road, Cortlandt Manor
Trail's End Deli, 173 6th St., Verplanck
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'