WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - A Metro-North employee had to be hospitalized overnight after becoming potentially overcome by diesel fumes from a train car in Croton-on-Hudson.
At approximately 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 23, members from the Croton EMS and Paramedic Fly-Car from Ossining EMS were dispatched to the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yards, where an employee fell ill from the diesel fumes at the building known as the “Coach Shop.”
According to the Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department, upon arrival, the male was in an office, waiting for paramedics to treat him. Crews verified that the air was safe so EMS could enter. Fire personnel then checked the building for elevated Carbon Monoxide, with negative results.
The male was treated at the scene and transported to Phelps Hospital. The scene was cleared within 40 minutes. The condition of the male was not immediately available.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.