CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a man with multiple drug charges and possession of stolen property after a fire at a gas station in Cortlandt on Sunday, March 23, police officials said.
Troopers interviewed Ceferino J. Garcia, 34, of Putnam Valley, after responding to reports of a vehicle fire at the Mobil gas station on East Main Street and suspected him of being under the influence, State Police said.
Garcia was interviewed by a drug-recognition expert who determined that the suspect was impaired by drugs, according to police.
Further investigation revealed that the license plate on the vehicle Garcia was driving was reported stolen, officials said.
Garcia was charged with operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs, fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana, according to State Police.
He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, March 28, police said.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Daniel Thomas Cotter, 59, Of Croton-On-Hudson
- 5 Fallen Tree Results In Closure Of Route 9