CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a man with multiple drug charges and possession of stolen property after a fire at a gas station in Cortlandt on Sunday, March 23, police officials said.
Troopers interviewed Ceferino J. Garcia, 34, of Putnam Valley, after responding to reports of a vehicle fire at the Mobil gas station on East Main Street and suspected him of being under the influence, State Police said.
Garcia was interviewed by a drug-recognition expert who determined that the suspect was impaired by drugs, according to police.
Further investigation revealed that the license plate on the vehicle Garcia was driving was reported stolen, officials said.
Garcia was charged with operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs, fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana, according to State Police.
He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, March 28, police said.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents