YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A helicopter crashed Friday evening in a field outside a private home in Yorktown.
According to Yorktown police, the chopper, which was carrying two passengers, crash-landed at 716 Kitchawan Road shortly after 6 p.m. 716 Kitchawan Road is the address of Kitchawan Farm.
None of the passengers on board was injured, and no one on the ground was hurt, police said.
Authorities said it was not known where the helicopter originated from or whether it was heading to the nearby helipad at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center on Route 134 in Yorktown.
Police said investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration were en route to the site Friday evening.
Stay with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress