YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A helicopter crashed Friday evening in a field outside a private home in Yorktown.
According to Yorktown police, the chopper, which was carrying two passengers, crash-landed at 716 Kitchawan Road shortly after 6 p.m. 716 Kitchawan Road is the address of Kitchawan Farm.
None of the passengers on board was injured, and no one on the ground was hurt, police said.
Authorities said it was not known where the helicopter originated from or whether it was heading to the nearby helipad at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center on Route 134 in Yorktown.
Police said investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration were en route to the site Friday evening.
Stay with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday