SHRUB OAK, N.Y. ‒ A former employee of Lakeland Liquors has been charged for the second time this year with breaking into the Shrub Oak store and stealing large amounts of cash, police said.
Michael Rozanski, 32, of Cortlandt Manor, faces three counts of third-degree felony burglary in connection with thefts from the E. Main Street store on Aug. 19, Aug. 22 and Nov. 4. He was sent to Westchester County Jail and bail was set at $50,000. He is scheduled to return to court Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
Rozanski became the suspect during an investigation of the Nov. 4 burglary, Lt. Robert Noble said. Rozanski had also been accused of stealing from the store in August, according to Noble.
Police were unable to immediately locate Rozanski, but received a tip last Tuesday that he was in New York City. With assistance from the NYPD, Rozanski was picked up in the Bronx and taken to Yorktown Police Headquarters.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home