SHRUB OAK, N.Y. ‒ A former employee of Lakeland Liquors has been charged for the second time this year with breaking into the Shrub Oak store and stealing large amounts of cash, police said.
Michael Rozanski, 32, of Cortlandt Manor, faces three counts of third-degree felony burglary in connection with thefts from the E. Main Street store on Aug. 19, Aug. 22 and Nov. 4. He was sent to Westchester County Jail and bail was set at $50,000. He is scheduled to return to court Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
Rozanski became the suspect during an investigation of the Nov. 4 burglary, Lt. Robert Noble said. Rozanski had also been accused of stealing from the store in August, according to Noble.
Police were unable to immediately locate Rozanski, but received a tip last Tuesday that he was in New York City. With assistance from the NYPD, Rozanski was picked up in the Bronx and taken to Yorktown Police Headquarters.
- 1 Police Issue 72 Tickets In Cortlandt Route 9 Detail
- 2 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls