CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Croton firefighters were called to investigate a possible gas leak inside an Old Post Road South home on Tuesday.
Con Edison "Red-Tagged" and turned off the gas to an oven.
At 7:55 p.m. units investigated the report of wires down and burning on Benedict Boulevard. No hazard was found.
Shortly after the wires incident, Marine 12, which was conducting weekly maintenance and training, noticed an unusual sight in the Hudson River. A bear was swimming across the river. Since the bear appeared to not be in any distress, he was left to continue swimming.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.