CORTLANDT, N.Y. – An employee at Cortlandt's Getty Mart was accused of selling alcohol to a person under 21 years old, in the eighth such incident at the Crompond Road convenience store.
The manager of the convenience store was arrested at his home over the weekend, after he sold a 12-pack of beer to an underage girl, police said.
Rajesh Gupta, 47, of Buttonwood Road, Cortlandt, was charged with prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage and unlawfully dealing with a child, both misdemeanors. Gupta was released on $100 bail and is due July 20 in Cortlandt Town Court.
Police Officers Amy Sullivan and Rob Kelly of the Westchester County Police were conducting alcohol compliance checks in Cortlandt on July 6. Police said the officers sent an underage female into the Getty Mart at 2225 Crompond Road at 12:50 p.m. to try to purchase beer with a driver's license that identified her as less than 21 years old. Police said the female was allowed to purchase a 12-pack of beer and left the store.
The officers also did alcohol compliance checks at 12 other businesses in Cortlandt on July 6, and all of them refused to sell the female beer.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd