Contact Us
Cortlandt Daily Voice serves Buchanan, Cortlandt & Croton
Return to your home site

Menu

Cortlandt Daily Voice serves Buchanan, Cortlandt & Croton

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Contractor Accidentally Strikes Gas Main At Croton's ShopRite Center

A full department response was on scene at ShopRite Shopping Center in Croton on Saturday morning.
A full department response was on scene at ShopRite Shopping Center in Croton on Saturday morning. Photo Credit: Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department

CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Contractors doing work at the ShopRite Shopping Center on South Riverside in Croton-on-Hudson accidentally struck a gas main, causing a minor leak Saturday morning, according to the Croton Fire Department.

Con Edison was able to shut off the valve quickly, mitigating any real hazards, according to the Croton Fire Department.

A full department response was on scene before returning to service 35 minutes later.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Cortlandt Daily Voice!

Serves Buchanan, Cortlandt & Croton

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.