CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – A man whose leg became wedged between his car door and a tree when the vehicle slid in an icy parking lot had to be rescued by Croton firefighters Monday.
It took about six firefighters to free the man by moving the car away from the tree, Fire Chief John Munson said.
Munson said about 18 firefighters arrived on the scene in two fire trucks to help. The incident occurred at the Skyview Rehabilitation Center, he said.
Munson said the call came in just before 1 p.m. Monday and that the man was freed by 1:06 p.m.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress