CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – A man whose leg became wedged between his car door and a tree when the vehicle slid in an icy parking lot had to be rescued by Croton firefighters Monday.
It took about six firefighters to free the man by moving the car away from the tree, Fire Chief John Munson said.
Munson said about 18 firefighters arrived on the scene in two fire trucks to help. The incident occurred at the Skyview Rehabilitation Center, he said.
Munson said the call came in just before 1 p.m. Monday and that the man was freed by 1:06 p.m.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 3 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 4 Rye High School Grad Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire