PEEKSKILL/CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Vera A. Conklin, a longtime Peekskill/Cortlandt area resident, died Jan. 13. She was 83.
Conklin was born Feb. 6, 1930; daughter of Chauncey and Gladys (nee Eichler) Gaudinier. She worked for many years at the Cortlandt Lanes bowling alley. She was a member of the Nor-Cort Senior Citizens, and also a member of St. Peters Episcopal Church.
Conklin is survived by her son, Michael J. Conklin; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Francis Conklin; and sons, Francis Conklin Jr. and Arthur Conklin.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 followed by interment in Hillside Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home