WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - Thomas Anthony Burgess of Winter Haven, and formerly of Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., died June 7. He was 86.
Burgess was born Sept. 30, 1927, in New York City, to William and Lillian (Claybourne) Burgess. He served in the armed forces during World War II and retired from Metro-North Railroad after 41 years of service as a sheet metal worker.
Burgess is survived by his wife, Margaret (Rooney) Burgess; daughters, Margaret Lenihan (William) and Eileen (Al) Holden; two grandchildren; and brother, William Burgess. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Mary Theresa Burgess; and sisters, Eileen Connolly and Frances McCarthy.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at Church of St. John and St. Mary, Upper Church, Chappaqua, followed by interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
Memorial donations may be made in Burgess’s name to the Church of the Assumption, 131 Union Ave., Peekskill, NY 10566.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 4 Cortlandt Woman, 25, Is Charged With DWI
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say