WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - Thomas Anthony Burgess of Winter Haven, and formerly of Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., died June 7. He was 86.
Burgess was born Sept. 30, 1927, in New York City, to William and Lillian (Claybourne) Burgess. He served in the armed forces during World War II and retired from Metro-North Railroad after 41 years of service as a sheet metal worker.
Burgess is survived by his wife, Margaret (Rooney) Burgess; daughters, Margaret Lenihan (William) and Eileen (Al) Holden; two grandchildren; and brother, William Burgess. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Mary Theresa Burgess; and sisters, Eileen Connolly and Frances McCarthy.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at Church of St. John and St. Mary, Upper Church, Chappaqua, followed by interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
Memorial donations may be made in Burgess’s name to the Church of the Assumption, 131 Union Ave., Peekskill, NY 10566.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Croton Heights
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents