BUCHANAN, N.Y. – Robert B. Tandy of Buchanan died Oct. 15. He was 82.
He was born Dec. 19, 1929, in Montrose to James and Lillian Tandy. He served in the Army during the Korean War and worked as an electrician for Consolidated Edison. Tandy enjoyed woodworking and gardening.
He was married to Helen Tandy. He was a communicant of Holy Spirit Church in Cortlandt Manor and St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan.
His wife died in 2011.
Tandy is survived by a sister, Rose (Sis) Mahan; three sisters-in-law, Margaret, Helen and Eleanor; a brother-in-law, Emanuel (Regina) Uva; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by 14 brothers and sisters.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Thursday, at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor. Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, P.O. Box 302, Maryknoll, NY 10545.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 3 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 5 Indian Point Security Drills Will Include Sounds Of Gunfire