VERPLANCK, N.Y. – Richard F. Rose Sr. of Verplanck died June 9 at Hudson Valley Hospital. He was 69.
He was born March 16, 1943, in Peekskill to Percy and Loretta Daly Rose. On Oct. 19, 1968, Rose married Shirley Croft. He retired from the Westchester County Department of Corrections and was a life member of the Verplanck Fire Department.
Rose is survived by his wife Shirley; a daughter, Sandra Hanney; a son, Richard Rose Jr.; a brother, Michael Rose; two sisters, Margaret Morabito and Mary Ellen Cestone and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by a son, Scott, and a brother, John.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Verplanck.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield