VERPLANCK, N.Y. – Richard F. Rose Sr. of Verplanck died June 9 at Hudson Valley Hospital. He was 69.
He was born March 16, 1943, in Peekskill to Percy and Loretta Daly Rose. On Oct. 19, 1968, Rose married Shirley Croft. He retired from the Westchester County Department of Corrections and was a life member of the Verplanck Fire Department.
Rose is survived by his wife Shirley; a daughter, Sandra Hanney; a son, Richard Rose Jr.; a brother, Michael Rose; two sisters, Margaret Morabito and Mary Ellen Cestone and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by a son, Scott, and a brother, John.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will follow at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Verplanck.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Cortlandt
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Cortlandt Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'