CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Kathleen Gillen, of Croton-on-Hudson, formerly of Peekskill, Yonkers and Verplanck, died Aug. 2.She was 68.
Gillen was born in Peekskill and graduated from Peekskill High School in 1965. Later, she completed courses in visual arts and many of her paintings and sculptures are displayed in the homes of her family and friends. With her husband, Frederick Gillen, she lived in Peekskill, Yonkers, Verplanck, and Croton-on-Hudson. Together they owned and operated their business, Garrie Pest Control.
Gillen is survived by her husband, Frederick Gillen; children, Yvette Roth, of Avon, Fred Gillen Jr., of Peekskill, Sarah Jersey, of Cortlandt Manor; and Farid Johnson, of White Plains; and seven grandchildren.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 4 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5 at St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Mohegan Lake.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home