CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Kathleen Gillen, of Croton-on-Hudson, formerly of Peekskill, Yonkers and Verplanck, died Aug. 2.She was 68.
Gillen was born in Peekskill and graduated from Peekskill High School in 1965. Later, she completed courses in visual arts and many of her paintings and sculptures are displayed in the homes of her family and friends. With her husband, Frederick Gillen, she lived in Peekskill, Yonkers, Verplanck, and Croton-on-Hudson. Together they owned and operated their business, Garrie Pest Control.
Gillen is survived by her husband, Frederick Gillen; children, Yvette Roth, of Avon, Fred Gillen Jr., of Peekskill, Sarah Jersey, of Cortlandt Manor; and Farid Johnson, of White Plains; and seven grandchildren.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 4 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5 at St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Mohegan Lake.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend