CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Julia M. Lane, a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Jan. 14 at her home. She was 81.
A resident of Cortlandt Manor since 1971, Lane moved from the Inwood section of Manhattan to share a home with her brother, sister-in-law and three nieces.
She was born April 22, 1931, to Ellen "Nellie" Cotter and John Lane. Prior to her retirement in 1983, she worked for the New York Telephone Company for 35 years. She rose from telephone operator to group chief.
She was a longtime parishioner of St. Columbanus Church in Cortlandt Manor. She loved to laugh, read and do crossword puzzles. She appreciated art and good films and had a knack for investing, her family said. Her greatest joy was her family.
Lane was predeceased by two brothers, William, in 2004, and John, in 2007. She is survived by two sisters-in-law, Mary Ann (Frank) Mattiola, of Cortlandt Manor, and Patricia Lane, of Bronx, N.Y.; four nieces and a nephew.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Columbanus Church. Clinton Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 3 IRS Warns Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Hen Hud HS Swimmers Prepare For State Girls Competition