CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Julia M. Lane, a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Jan. 14 at her home. She was 81.
A resident of Cortlandt Manor since 1971, Lane moved from the Inwood section of Manhattan to share a home with her brother, sister-in-law and three nieces.
She was born April 22, 1931, to Ellen "Nellie" Cotter and John Lane. Prior to her retirement in 1983, she worked for the New York Telephone Company for 35 years. She rose from telephone operator to group chief.
She was a longtime parishioner of St. Columbanus Church in Cortlandt Manor. She loved to laugh, read and do crossword puzzles. She appreciated art and good films and had a knack for investing, her family said. Her greatest joy was her family.
Lane was predeceased by two brothers, William, in 2004, and John, in 2007. She is survived by two sisters-in-law, Mary Ann (Frank) Mattiola, of Cortlandt Manor, and Patricia Lane, of Bronx, N.Y.; four nieces and a nephew.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Columbanus Church. Clinton Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Cortlandt, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Cortlandt
- 4 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Cortlandt; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Giants Fans Line Up To Meet Lawrence Taylor In Croton