CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Joseph E. Karas, a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Thursday, Aug. 2. He was 82.
Born in Nov. 14, 1929, in Tarrytown, he was the son of Michael and Rose Camera Karas. He served in the Army from 1946 to 1948 and went on to have a long career with General Motors as a steam fitter.
Karas was a member of Local 664 of the United Auto Workers. On Oct. 14, 1951, he married Anna Pavlovich in Holy Cross Church in Sleepy Hollow.
He is survived by two daughters, JoAnn (Frank) Blaumauer and Christine (Michael) Murphy, both of Stormville, N.Y.; a son, Joseph R. (Cathi) Karas of Buchanan; and seven grandchildren. His wife, Anna, predeceased him in 2010.
Visitation was held Sunday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass was celebrated Monday morning at the Church of the Transfiguration in Tarrytown.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend