CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Joseph E. Karas, a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Thursday, Aug. 2. He was 82.
Born in Nov. 14, 1929, in Tarrytown, he was the son of Michael and Rose Camera Karas. He served in the Army from 1946 to 1948 and went on to have a long career with General Motors as a steam fitter.
Karas was a member of Local 664 of the United Auto Workers. On Oct. 14, 1951, he married Anna Pavlovich in Holy Cross Church in Sleepy Hollow.
He is survived by two daughters, JoAnn (Frank) Blaumauer and Christine (Michael) Murphy, both of Stormville, N.Y.; a son, Joseph R. (Cathi) Karas of Buchanan; and seven grandchildren. His wife, Anna, predeceased him in 2010.
Visitation was held Sunday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass was celebrated Monday morning at the Church of the Transfiguration in Tarrytown.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing