VERPLANCK, N.Y. - John Patrick Gallo of Verplanck died April 20. He was 76.
Gallo was born June 24, 1937, to John Joseph Gallo and Alice Farrey of Verplanck. He was a member of Teamsters Local 456 out of Elmsford, for over 35 years. He was also a founding member of the Road Knights Auto Club from the 1950s. He attended St. Patrick's School and Hendrick Hudson High School.
Gallo is survived by his sisters, Mary Alice Leader of Verplanck and Jane Travis of Peekskill; children, Sharon Beaney (Richard) of Waterford, Conn., John Michael Gallo (Leah) Sullivan of Salem, N.H., Matthew Gallo of Hampton Bays and Christopher Gallo of Peekskill; nieces and nephews; grandchildren; and grandnieces and grandnephews. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Jacqueline Patricia Gallo; and brothers-in-law, Martin Leader and David Travis.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 23 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home at 97 Broadway, Verplanck. A service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 24 at the funeral home followed by interment at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Verplanck.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N