CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. - John J. Galvin II of Cortlandt Manor died April 28. He was 62.
Galvin was born Oct. 4, 1951, in Manhattan, to Patricia (Galvin) Stroffolino and John J. Galvin I. A longtime resident of Cortlandt Manor, he worked in Manhattan as a Customs and International Trade Law attorney at Galvin & Mlawski. He received his B.A. at Manhattan College and J.D. at Western New England School of Law. He was involved with St. Christopher's Catholic Church for many years, serving as eucharistic minister and lector.
Galvin is survived by his wife, Marsha Galvin; mother, Patricia (Galvin) Stroffolino; sisters, Patricia Miner and Karen Mattern; children, Elizabeth Cupples and John J. Galvin III; a grandson; and many extended family members. He was predeceased by father, John J. Galvin I.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 1 at Edward F. Carter Funeral Home at 170 Kings Ferry Road in Montrose. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, May 2 at St. Christopher's Catholic Church at 3094 Albany Post Road in Buchanan.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Cortlandt Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Cortlandt
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash