MONTROSE, N.Y. – John DiStefano of Montrose died Oct. 13 at home, with family by his side. He was 61.
DiStefano was born July 20, 1951, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John and Susan DiStefano. A dedicated member of the Cortlandt community, he loved serving residents at Coachlight Square on the Hudson for the past 30 years, his family said.
He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Ellen DiStefano; three daughters, Dinamarie, Danielle and Jessica; a sister, Annette DiStefano; and a granddaughter.
Visiting hours will be from 2-5 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck. Church services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan.
- 1 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern