CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. - Helen A. Stroub of Cortlandt Manor died July 22. She was 89.
Stroub was born Jan. 7, 1925, in Yonkers, to John and Anna Skladany Bobot. She worked for various local merchants throughout the years, lastly at Melanie's Cards & Gifts in the Cortlandt Town Center.
Stroub is survived by her daughter, Jo-Ann McGinness of Cortlandt Manor; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Stephen V. Stroub; and son, Stephen John Stroub, Sr.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 27 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 28 at St. Columbanus Church. Interment will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 4 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home