CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. - Helen A. Stroub of Cortlandt Manor died July 22. She was 89.
Stroub was born Jan. 7, 1925, in Yonkers, to John and Anna Skladany Bobot. She worked for various local merchants throughout the years, lastly at Melanie's Cards & Gifts in the Cortlandt Town Center.
Stroub is survived by her daughter, Jo-Ann McGinness of Cortlandt Manor; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Stephen V. Stroub; and son, Stephen John Stroub, Sr.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 27 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 28 at St. Columbanus Church. Interment will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 3 IRS Warns Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Hen Hud HS Swimmers Prepare For State Girls Competition