CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. - Helen A. Stroub of Cortlandt Manor died July 22. She was 89.
Stroub was born Jan. 7, 1925, in Yonkers, to John and Anna Skladany Bobot. She worked for various local merchants throughout the years, lastly at Melanie's Cards & Gifts in the Cortlandt Town Center.
Stroub is survived by her daughter, Jo-Ann McGinness of Cortlandt Manor; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Stephen V. Stroub; and son, Stephen John Stroub, Sr.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 27 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 28 at St. Columbanus Church. Interment will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Cortlandt Skies Sunday
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Cortlandt Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 69-Year-Old Attacked, Injured In Putnam Valley Home Invasion
- 5 Cortlandt Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend