BUCHANAN, N.Y. - George L. Durr of Buchanan died Jan. 22. He was 84.
Durr was born Jan. 18, 1930, in Peekskill, to Markus and Veronica Durr. He was self-employed from 1948 to 1967 in construction building many things in the area. He then worked as a construction consultant for the County of Westchester from 1967 to 1995. He was a member of St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan, serving on the church counsel.
Durr is survived by his wife, Lucy; children, Robert (Marianne), Charles and Stephanie (James) Crane; nine grandchildren; and brother, William (Hilda) Durr. He was predeceased by his sister, Catherine Lyman.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan. Interment will follow at the St. Patrick's Cemetery, Verplanck.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Durr’s memory to the St. Christopher's Church, 3094 Albany Post Road, Buchanan, NY 10511.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N