BUCHANAN, N.Y. - George L. Durr of Buchanan died Jan. 22. He was 84.
Durr was born Jan. 18, 1930, in Peekskill, to Markus and Veronica Durr. He was self-employed from 1948 to 1967 in construction building many things in the area. He then worked as a construction consultant for the County of Westchester from 1967 to 1995. He was a member of St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan, serving on the church counsel.
Durr is survived by his wife, Lucy; children, Robert (Marianne), Charles and Stephanie (James) Crane; nine grandchildren; and brother, William (Hilda) Durr. He was predeceased by his sister, Catherine Lyman.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Christopher's Church in Buchanan. Interment will follow at the St. Patrick's Cemetery, Verplanck.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Durr’s memory to the St. Christopher's Church, 3094 Albany Post Road, Buchanan, NY 10511.
- 1 Paulin Reflects On Sexual Assault Of Montrose Resident
- 2 Cortlandt Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Cortlandt
- 4 Firefighters Battle Peekskill Blaze That Displaces 13
- 5 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion