CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – George E. Kinsley Jr., a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Dec. 8. He was 80.
Born Dec. 1, 1932, he was the son of George and Marcella Kinsley. Originally from Bronx, N.Y., he was a resident of Cortlandt Manor for more than 50 years. He attended Fordham Prep and Fordham University, where he earned a master's degree in business.
Kinsley later received a certified public accounting degree and worked for Cap Cities/ABC for 35 years. He was a first lieutenant in the Army in Korea. In retirement, he volunteered as fire police officer with the Mohegan Lake Volunteer Fire Department
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Dorothy Moran Kinsley; four children, Marcy (Stephen) Latella, Kevin (Helen) Kinsley, Michael (Colleen) Kinsley and Kathleen (Chris) Buonanno; 14 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Yorktown Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Shrub Oak. Burial will follow at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Putnam Valley, N.Y.
- 1 Father Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Thanks Community For Support
- 2 Croton Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Hen Hud Graduate Contributes To College Softball Team's Success
- 4 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History