CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – George E. Kinsley Jr., a longtime Cortlandt Manor resident, died Dec. 8. He was 80.
Born Dec. 1, 1932, he was the son of George and Marcella Kinsley. Originally from Bronx, N.Y., he was a resident of Cortlandt Manor for more than 50 years. He attended Fordham Prep and Fordham University, where he earned a master's degree in business.
Kinsley later received a certified public accounting degree and worked for Cap Cities/ABC for 35 years. He was a first lieutenant in the Army in Korea. In retirement, he volunteered as fire police officer with the Mohegan Lake Volunteer Fire Department
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Dorothy Moran Kinsley; four children, Marcy (Stephen) Latella, Kevin (Helen) Kinsley, Michael (Colleen) Kinsley and Kathleen (Chris) Buonanno; 14 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Yorktown Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Shrub Oak. Burial will follow at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Putnam Valley, N.Y.
- 1 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 2 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Cortlandt Mother Says Westchester County Jail Neglected Sick Son
- 5 Ossining Man Indicted For Selling Drugs In Cortlandt