BUCHANAN, N.Y. - George F. James Jr. of Buchanan died May 13. He was 60.
James was born Oct. 26, 1953, in Peekskill, to George F. Sr. and Patricia James. He served in the U.S. Army from 1971 to 1974. He was a carrier for the U.S. Post Office in Ossining.
James is survived by his parents; wife, Katie; daughter, Jennifer; brother, Joseph; and several relatives. He was predeceased by his son, George Michael James.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home at 8 p.m. A private cremation will follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in James’ memory to the Hospice of Westchester and Putnam, 540 White Plains Road Suite 300, Tarrytown, N.Y., 10591.
- 1 Lockdown Lifted At Hendrick Hudson High School
- 2 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Croton Man Charged With DWI In Sprain Brook Parkway Stop
- 5 Cortlandt's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend