BUCHANAN, N.Y. - George F. James Jr. of Buchanan died May 13. He was 60.
James was born Oct. 26, 1953, in Peekskill, to George F. Sr. and Patricia James. He served in the U.S. Army from 1971 to 1974. He was a carrier for the U.S. Post Office in Ossining.
James is survived by his parents; wife, Katie; daughter, Jennifer; brother, Joseph; and several relatives. He was predeceased by his son, George Michael James.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home at 8 p.m. A private cremation will follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in James’ memory to the Hospice of Westchester and Putnam, 540 White Plains Road Suite 300, Tarrytown, N.Y., 10591.
- 1 Croton Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Rape Victim From Montrose Details Obstacles She Faced Securing Justice
- 4 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 5 Police Make Second Cortlandt BWI Arrest Over Holiday Weekend