BUCHANAN, N.Y. - George F. James Jr. of Buchanan died May 13. He was 60.
James was born Oct. 26, 1953, in Peekskill, to George F. Sr. and Patricia James. He served in the U.S. Army from 1971 to 1974. He was a carrier for the U.S. Post Office in Ossining.
James is survived by his parents; wife, Katie; daughter, Jennifer; brother, Joseph; and several relatives. He was predeceased by his son, George Michael James.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home at 8 p.m. A private cremation will follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in James’ memory to the Hospice of Westchester and Putnam, 540 White Plains Road Suite 300, Tarrytown, N.Y., 10591.
- 1 State Police Warn Cortlandt Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Croton Actor Lands Role In" Moonlight And Magnolias" In Greenwich
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing