CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Eugene A. Harris, a longtime resident of Cortlandt Manor and Yorktown, died Nov. 13. He was 82.
Harris worked as an insurance broker for Public Entities Affiliates Inc. in Pelham and Mount Vernon, before retiring in 1999.
The son of Eugene and Charlotte Harris, he graduated from Brooklyn Technical High School in 1946. He earned an associate's degree in insurance from the College of Insurance in New York City.
Harris served in the Air Force from 1950 to 1953, attaining the rank of staff sergeant. In 1968 he married his wife Beverly in Yorktown Heights. He was a member of St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Mohegan Lake.
He is survived by his wife; two sons, E. Alexander (Donna) and Matthew V. (Heather); a brother, Andrew B. (Mary) Harris; four grandchildren; and several nephews and nieces.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights. The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Episcopal Church. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary's Episcopal Church.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 2 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Snow Could Return To Cortlandt For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed